Friday, February 26, 2010

A Blog Inspired Project

 I've recently discovered my new favorite method of procrastination,
and it's called blogs.
I justify the hours of sitting at the computer instead of doing laundry,
(one must always justify procrastination activities)
by claiming that the beautiful photos will inspire me to actually do something.
And, well, now they have.
I stumbled upon a photo one morning, in a marathon blog-stalking-session,
of a kitchen with an old weathered sign hanging over their back door.
I looked up to the space above my back door, 
shocked to find the christmas garland that hadn't put itself away.
(Yes, I missed that Valentines Day deadline of packing up the last of
Christmas, but, hey, I was blogging!)
I looked back to the beautiful sunlit kitchen in the photo,
then up to my dusty February 19th defiant Christmas garland,
and turned off the computer ( ! )
(really I did)
By the end of the day my back door looked like this,   


That's right folks,
Christmas is officially over.
And, procrastinating really does pay off... right?
Sure.
Are you ready for the best part?
I didn't spend a dime, in fact I gained an afternoon with my
favorite 10 year old, to boot,
as we turned this,
(yes, that's a dirty old fence picket I found behind the house)
into this,

with a little left over paint from my cabinets, and scrap of sandpaper
I have my own not-quite-authentic weather beaten sign.
Now... back to those blogs!


1 comment:

  1. hi.
    i didn't see an email in your profile so i thought i'd comment.
    I used squeezable frosting for the glue;-)

    ReplyDelete