Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Searching Bliss

It seems I'm always searching for that certain little something.
I'm not talking life aspirations,
just that small something lurking right around the corner to make your days a little sunnier.
Whether it's the perfect pair of shoes to complete your favorite outfit,
or a new organizing system that will make cleaning up those endless piles of toys a breeze,
uh-huh,
I can't get it out of my mind until I find it.
I turn every stone obsessively searching for that next small step toward bliss.
Every now and then I get lucky,
I turn a corner and find it.
Today it was a set of warm blond bowls
smiling at me from the display shelf at T J Maxx where I was obsessively searching
for white kitchen towels.
I found those too.
They say you can't buy happiness,
but now those bowls are smiling at me from my kitchen counter,
and while I'm sure that's not quite the happiness they meant,
I have to admit,
I'm smiling back.

No comments:

Post a Comment