Monday, April 19, 2010

For The Love Of Spray Paint

I've recently discovered the true meaning of joy.
It comes in a can and costs about two-ninety-eight.
Spray Paint, ahhhh the glory of instant gratification!
 For a person seriously lacking in the patience department, this little gem is a miracle with a nozzel.
Case in point:
I've been searching for a tray large enough to carry goodies for my family of five downstairs on movie night, but pretty enough to sit on my counter while not in use, since my tiny house was built with only enough cabinets for the most crucial of items.
The day after I nearly broke down and spent 34.99 on tray in Pier One, I found this little gem in a thrift shop for .49 (Hmmm... Interesting. My keyoard does not have the little cent symbol. Does yours?)
Sorry A.D.D.
Anyway, I brought it home, dug out a can of off white and a can of clear gloss and fifteen minutes later, ta-da!


Don't you love instant gratification!
Then there was this little basket, which I liked for a bit in the living room... 
 

But after a fifteen minute make-over is creamy-licious in my kitchen...

I didn't even get side-tracked with another project in the process!
And, let's not forget how it recently saved me over $350 in new door hardware...

Knobs, hinges, strike plates... all in oil rubbed bronze. No more shiny fake brass for me!
I have realized the key to spray paint success (or any paint really) lies in the clear coat. A couple coats of the clear stuff makes a beatuful hard finish that is scrubbable. And with three young kids, everything has to be scrubbable!
Ohhhh, yes, I could really get carried away with this stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment